Balance - Tips
- Set your own personal limitations with others.
Let them know where your boundaries begin and end.
- As you walk, bike or drive home from work, start thinking
about people and events in your personal life and separating from your work life.
- Become part of a professional support group.
Get and give support to your peers.
- Sit down today and make a list of what you want to
accomplish with your life…your “bucket list.”
- Add some spice and variety to your life.
Don't get caught up on the "same old, same old."
- Hang out with people who can be silly, fun, and playful.
- Memorize a very funny joke and tell it to at least 5 people during the week.
- Buy a bottle of bubbles – not for child, but for yourself.
- Live one day as if it were your last day to live.
- Get in the habit of listening more and talking less. A person learns when they listen and says what they think they know when they talk.
Get The Playful Adult by Sue Baldwin
Take a few minutes to assess the balance you have now with your personal and professional lives.