Teaming with Parents - Tips
- Introduce the parents to their child's prospective teaching staff before the child starts the program.
- Transitioning into a program should take time allowing the children, parents, and staff time to make the adjustment.
- Spend time training staff on issues of working with parents. These issues should be high on your priority list of training musts.
- Respect parents' diversity.
- Put limits and boundaries in writing so that parents
know what can and cannot be discussed about other
children or about confidential issues.
- Remember that, almost without exception,
parents love their children and want what's best for them.
- Self-esteem is vital for adults, as well as children.